Saturday 16 February 2013

Happy Valentines Day! Here's some weird...pink..jelly...stuff.

I hope everyone had a lovely Valentines Day and got all sorts of flowers, cards and goodies from their admirers! On Valentines day morning my very sweet but very skint boyfriend made me breakfast in bed and my scrambled eggs were .. PINK! Ya know, in the spirit of Valentines Day...but as were were eating them although they tasted the same, they kinda looked like brains! But its the thought that counts! And I loved my weird breakfast! Even more so after what I made for Tom (the boyfriend in question) didn't turn out so great and was equally weird and pink!!

I was set on making some lovely cupcakes but as I have been making loads lately I thought he would be fed up of cake! So I decided to make marshmallow! I found a simple recipe online and went ahead with it. It seemed to be going so well until I realised I didn't own an electric whisk... So after both my arms were about to fall off I thought I would try setting it anyway! ... It.Was.Not.Good.

Weird Jelly


So its a little jiggly and more like jelly but it tasted nice, and just as it was with the brain-eggs, its the thought that counts and Tom was happy! Ha! If you do want to make some actual marshmallow and not this disgusting mess then try this recipe from Best Recipes and if done correctly I am sure it works very well. Also if you want to try your hand at some more complicated and fancy marshmallow then try this recipe from Katie's Cakes. This ladies blog is amazing and I just love going through her archive of recipes, there's so many I want to try! And maybe I will give marshmallow another go and do it properly next time! Good Luck! And hope you all had a great Valentines Day and haven't given up cakes for lent! ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment