Wednesday 19 June 2013

Mini Coconut Macaroons

As my parents and grandparents were visiting over the weekend I decided I wanted to make something that would be small enough to eat before we went out for dinner in The Champion in Notting Hill (if you haven't been, its a lovely pub, great food and lovely atmosphere). It was the first time my family were visiting us in our flat and as we hadn't been all together since February, we were in need of a big catch up! And for for 'catch up's'... baked goods are essential! Also baking for my family proves that I am now a domestic queen... which of course I am not! Had they popped over on a Sunday morning the flat would have been in a very different state! 

Anyway, I was looking for something simple and easy to make that was light and bite-sized! I am in no way ready to make almond macaroons but fancied good, old fashioned coconut macaroons! I got the recipe from BakingMad.com and I am not exaggerating when I say it is the most straight-forward recipe I have ever made! But they were visually quite impressive and tasted really sweet. I made the mistake of making them one night when we had a few friends round for a movie... lets just say I assumed they were pretty good as I had to hide the remaining macaroons! I was happy to see everyone enjoying them! 

Mini Coconut Macaroons

I made chocolate chip short bread to go with them. For these I use my previous short bread recipe.  I would definitely recommend this recipe to anyone looking for an addition to bake sale or for guests as they are perfect with a cup of tea! My family were... well... quite frankly, I think they were surprised I could make anything, as before university I could barely boil an egg! But they thought they were lovely and ate the lot!

I hope you liked this brief blog! I can't stress enough how easy and tasty these were, let me know if you try this recipe out and think the same! Also you can follow my baking shenanigans on twitter if you like @josieroberts88.

Mini Coconut Macaroons










2 comments:

  1. They look so cute, I can see why they would disappear so quickly! Baked goods are definitely needed for proper catch-ups :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, they were so simple. Anytime there is talking and tea involved its a good excuse to bake! :)

    ReplyDelete