Tuesday 5 February 2013

Baking in Pyjamas

Just a small post today, I know everyone's blogging Valentines Day treats and heart shaped, giant, pink cakes, but I haven't got to that yet, although I am hoping to make something sickly for St Val Day soon. But this evening I have been concentrating on economy bakes! I take great joy in using up stuff in my kitchen that just isn't getting eating by making something nice with it, this week, its porridge oats...

This recipe would be good for you if, like me you are always trying to find ways of making your lunch box a bit less boring! 

This is a recipe taken from another Marks and Spencer cookbook (I think I went in to get a cake tin and came out with a cake tin, loaf tin and two cookbooks...) called Baking Day. I adapted the recipe a little as I was out of demerara sugar so I used golden caster sugar and also added some sultanas, five a day and all that...

Oatmeal Cookies 


Ingredients


  • 175g Butter
  • 275g Demerara sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 4 Tbsp Water
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
  • 375g Rolled oats
  • 140g Plain flour
  • 1 Tsp Salt
  • 1/2 Tsp Bicarbe

Makes 30 biscuits.

Method

  • Preheat oven to 180c and grease two baking sheets. 
  • Mix together butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg, vanilla and water until smooth.
  • Mix together the flour, oats, salt and bicarbonate of soda and add to the mixture. Stir until combined.
  • Place tablespoons of the mixture onto the trays spaced apart and bake for 25 minutes and cool on rack. 

Oatmeal  Cookies


Also if you are in London and looking for something to do this Valentines day then why not try a macaroon making workshop at Valentines at Boxpark or eat some cakes and jam at Muswell Hill Market

No comments:

Post a Comment